Translate

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Organization, and Crayonization

I oppose any type of organization. Sometimes a person might try and illiterate that YOU must be organized within your life; don't listen to them. I remember about a few years ago, I tried organizing my life, and when it was all over, I couldn't find anything. I was so used to clutter, and with the clutter around, I knew exactly where everything was. Under the pile of old pants, with the box of CD cases and trash, was always my headphones, and car adapter for my iPod.

Couldn't clutter be a form of organization?

I love scavenger hunts, so let's say, if I were to create a walk-through of where exactly everything was in my cluttered room, that's organization. I have a detailed map, if you will, of where things are under junk, like a treasure map, with the treasure being all the important objects under all the unimportant ones, the trash being like a file cabinet with me. To be honest, I don't have a detailed map like that, but if I did, that fits within the definition of the word organization.

I was thinking of creating a map of my room, or, at least a spreadsheet of all the DVD movies I own because right now, I just have everything in individual stacks; the stacks being one for independent films, a stack for the essential films I own, one for average movies I own, and one for those once-in-a-great-while-viewed movies I call the "lackies". But at this time in my life, I didn't have MS Excel on the computer I use periodically, and I couldn't find a decent writing utensil. But I found a crayon. It would look a little childish for now, but it's all for my reference, so the look of it didn't really matter. I realize now that a crayon is a shitty writing utensil. You can't do a fucking thing with a crayon!
Try writing your name with a crayon. Right now I am using a crayon to write my name. My name in "Crayonese" is Aushn. The fucking crayon was so bulky, and so choppy with it's writing, that the crayon spelled my name Aushn. I'm wondering why in kindergarten, the teachers always would insist you use crayons on things. Markers bled through, and God forbid the room would have a pencil or pen; some bit of normality to it because let's be honest, after kindergarten, if you continued to use a crayon in language arts, you would look like a retard. That's why you don't see people signing off on a check with crayon. If I'm asked to endorse something with my name, and don't have a writing utensil on me, and the person I'm endorsing this check to hands me a black or blue pen, I'm not going to decline the offered writing utensil because I'd rather use a fucking crayon!

The conversation could be as follows:
"Sorry, but would you happen to have an Aqua-marine blue crayon on you?"
"God no!"
"How about a 1988 macaroni and cheese? Or a '76 forest green?"
"What are you babbling about?"
"Not familiar with those standardise crayon options, eh? Fine! I'll take a magenta, between the dates of 1978 and 1999..."
"I don't have a crayon on me, sir, not one!"
"Why not?"
"Because I'm not 6 years-old..."

Why is it so important to learn to use a crayon? They don't color well at all; in fact, if you wanted to color, use colored pens or pencils, not crayons. You would start writing using a crayon, but by 2nd and 3rd grade, you have to use pencils, so why waste three years of your life on crayons? I've always hated crayons. They are waxy and leave a film-type feeling left on your fingertips after usage, they don't color in completely because they are wax, they melt, sometimes, without warning, and can burn and destroy your child's hands on contact, sometimes you'll scrape your fingernail on the crayon, and get a piece of the crayon stuck under your nail (I fucking hated that), they explode, or, will omit toxic fumes, they are asexual and can multiply out of control if you ever use the phrase 'peanut-butter and jellyfish' in hearing distance of them, they are shaped like bullets, and instill violent-tendencies within a child's brain...I don't like it! They might seem cute, but crayons are deadly and must be taken out...

***EDITOR'S NOTE***
Have you ever broke a crayon, mid-sentence, writing something out? Hi, I'm Austin Smith, from 2009! Boy was I on a streak with that one! Yes, crayons are useless, and full of disease. Just ask your doctor! And, you might find your son turning a little gay after using them, for crayons slightly resemble penises, and a lot of kids like sticking elongated shaft-like objects in their mouths.

No comments: