Translate

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cruise Control

I own a 1988 Ford Thunderbird and she's a real piece of shit. On the other hand she does get me to where I need to go. Picture me tallying a list on my fingers starting with my left thumb. On my index finger I have tallied along with she's a real piece, that she also is ready to die. On my right hand I'm tallying her air conditioning still works. Now picture that we've been talking for awhile, I'm now on the very last finger of my left hand, the nay hand as it is, and I've tallied that my car doesn't have cruise control.

For this weekend alone I'm driving my mom's PT Cruiser for the hell of it. And I'm spoiled on her cruise control. I'll flip on cruise control in town. I could cause an auto collision doing so. But why should I have to always have my foot on the gas when I can alleviate that aggravation by pressing in a button on one of the control doohickeys located on the steering wheel? My addiction typed that sentence. How am I so enthralled with such a minute mechanism? Maybe it has something to do with my car not having a working cruise control and by car I mean that beat-up hunk of shit T-Bird. I sleep now!

No comments: