Translate

Monday, May 01, 2006

Start the morning off...

Breakfast, the most important meal of the day. For average folks, it's the most notably skipped meal of the day. Eating in the morning? "But I've got papers to finish that I didn't want to do last night", "I've got to find time for a shower", "scavenging for clean clothes takes an hour as it is", "coffee....coffee.....coffee..." Breakfast has lost its importance. When I do get around to eating breakfast, it's a celebration! I seriously make having breakfast like the Macy's Day Parade. There is a fucking band marching in front of my car on the way to ordering a number 8 (that's the breakfast burrito combo meal) at McDonald's. Today, I skipped class to go to breakfast. My choice for the provider for the breakfast: Spangles. I wanted to try the breakfast burger; I had heard some place on the radio or the television about a slab of beef with a mixture of egg and tator tots poured over the top, two buns, and cheese because I know when I want a hamburger, I'm thinking, "I'd like tator tots and eggs on top of that instead of the usual veg. of lettuce, pickle, and tomato."
I reach for my wallet, and check on my cash situation; I've got $5. I reach for the change scattered in my clutter-fest of a car; I've got an additional 75 cents. That breakfast burger cannot be more than that. Of course, Spangles does not supply any kind of sign that speaks of this so-called "breakfast burger," so I have no idea if I just imagined this new breakfast item out of a drunken fancy or if it's real. I order the breakfast burger; just with its standard combo, and a Sierra Mist. The total was $7.28, I clearly did not have the where-with-all to purchase such an unexpected, expensive breakfast. I pull the "asshole" move and drive off.
Next resort, McDonald's. 10:31, and I get to the drive-thru. Order my number 8, with a small orange juice, and get answered with a question, "Do you realize we are now serving lunch?" The supposed cut-off time for breakfast at McDonald's is 10:30...I presume...I have no idea if it has changed or not to 10 a.m. I am forced to drive off again because of a minute lapse in the cut-off time.
Now, I'm looking for the "prostitute" of breakfast-serving fast food venders. It's the last ditch effort. I know I want fucking breakfast and I want it now...if I wanted regular lunch fast food, I wouldn't have skipped class. So I go to Sonic, America's drive-thru.
I get the fast-talker order-taker. "May I take your order?" "Yeah, I want a breakfast burrito combo...(before I even finish)" "Tots with that?" "...ah....yes...." "What't'ya wanta drink?" "Sierra Mist" "Sprite fine?" Why wouldn't it be? It's the same fucking drink...the lime-flavored soft drink. 'FUCK SIERRA MIST! HOW DARE YOU ASSUME I WANT THAT SHIT IN MY STOMACH...JUST BUBBLING LIKE ACID, MAKING MY INSIDES A CAULDRON OF HELL!!!' "Y'total $3.20. Thanks."
I'm on the verge of complaining. I do not feel happy because I wanted to SonicSize that bitch, and this lady talked too fast and I didn't get my words in. I notice at this time the outside entrance to the restroom. I already have to use the restroom, but I'm not sure about this restroom. Sonic just made these restrooms available to the public like two years ago. Before doing so, Sonic never had a restroom. It didn't make sense for this chain of restaurants to have an outdoor picnic area for people who don't want to eat in their cars, and not have a public restroom, unless they decided they'd much rather fertilize their shrubbery with their customer's urine.
Out the door of the restroom, comes this employee of Sonic. He looks like he's made the restroom spotless, so customers would have a third option of where they'd like to eat- the floor of the outdoor restroom facility. I start thinking, "Wouldn't it be great, while conversing with this employee, if he would tell me that he was the head cook in the kitchen of the Sonic, and was doing this as a favor to the manager." A cook cleaning restrooms...
I don't know if anyone remembers this, but in Hutchinson, Kansas, and parts of Wichita, Kansas, Sonic had a huge ordeal where a bunch of customers complained of contracting hepatitis after eating at the restaurant chain. This would answer everything. Cooks, forced to handle fecal and other waste-matter while cleaning the restrooms, don't wash up afterwards, and spread hep. to their customers. It would be a huge scandal. In fact, the person complaining, might end up being awarded a huge sum of money and some major deals at the restaurant chain. I was getting pretty antsy at this moment, and ended up hearing the fast-talker order-taker lady screwing up the delivery of my meal with a vehicle two/three cars down. All I wanted was breakfast...I'd take any breakfast serving vender in town, just as long as I got eggs and sausage. A twenty minute ordeal spread out to the sum of an hour. How tragic...

No comments: